Every year APOLAN recognizes member companies who have embraced the Association’s mission to educate, advocate and promote the global adoption of Passive Optical LAN. The 2020 APOLAN Member Awards, which is now open for member submissions, brings positive acknowledgment to member companies for the work they do to advocate for APOLAN and Passive Optical LAN technologies.
The prestigious award honors members in three categories, the Innovation Award, the Education Award and the Promotion Award. This year’s winners will join an impressive group of winning companies that have helped the industry evolve to embrace Passive Optical LAN adoption throughout the world. Last year’s categories and APOLAN Award winners were:
THE APOLAN EDUCATION AWARD: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that have implemented learning initiatives to contribute to the education of POL and its benefits.
- The 2019 Education Platinum Winner was Qypsys, with supporting member company Corning, for “Fiber to the Room Cost Analysis”.
- The 2019 Education Gold Winner was Tellabs for “5-day Optical LAN Deployment and Support Certification Training for Veterans”.
THE INNOVATION AWARD: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that have promoted innovative POL advancements to meet industry technical challenges.
- The 2019 Innovation Platinum Winner was Alpha, an EnerSys Company, with supporting member company Tellabs, for the “World’s Largest Remote Powered POL Network, Fort Belvoir, US Army”.
- The 2019 Innovation Gold Winner was Nokia for “In-building 10G PON and Wi-Fi”.
THE PROMOTION AWARD: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that have implemented promotion initiatives to contribute to the awareness of POL and its benefits. The 2019 Promotion Platinum Winners were:
- Alpha, with supporting member companies Tellabs and OCC, for the “OLAN Seminar Series”;
- Corning for “Building a POL Technology Showcase – Corning Optical Communications Division’s New HQ”; and
- Tellabs for its “Passive Optical LAN video series”.
For those member companies that wish to join the ranks of these impressive companies, the 2020 APOLAN Award Program call for entry is now open. This is a great opportunity for member companies to be acknowledged for promoting innovative advancements that meet industry technical challenges. Award winners will be recognized at APOLAN’s annual member’s meeting, taking place in conjunction with the BICSI 2021 Winter Conference & Exhibition. The deadline for nominations is December 18, 2020.
For more information about APOLAN membership and benefits, visit https://apolanglobal.org/join/.