Earlier this year, APOLAN announced the winners of the 2020 APOLAN Awards. Each year the Association recognizes the member companies that have embraced the mission to educate, advocate and promote POL as the industry’s preferred LAN solution.
According to Meggin Sawyer, APOLAN Chairman and VP North American Sales at DZS, “The contributions of the companies being honored this year have been paramount in enabling POL’s continued growth, making it clear that the industry is embracing POL as the most viable solution to their in-building networking challenges.”
Below is a snapshot of this year’s APOLAN Member Award honorees. Details behind the initiatives that resulted in these awards wins can be found here.
THE INNOVATION AWARD: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that have promoted innovative POL advancements to meet industry technical challenges.
- Platinum Winner: Qypsys, with supporting member company Corning, for the “Converged Optical LAN/Small Cell Network”
- Gold Winner: ITConnect, with supporting member company Alpha, an EnerSys Company, for “Using Remote DC Power to Enable a LAN Upgrade at Historical Holy Names University”
THE PROMOTION AWARD Recognizes APOLAN member companies that have implemented promotion initiatives to contribute to the awareness of POL and its benefits.
- Platinum Winner: AECOM for “Passive Optical LAN Shines in Cost Comparison”
- Gold Winner: Nokia, with supporting member company Corning, for its “Can FTTH infrastructure become a LAN infrastructure for Business Customers”
THE APOLAN EDUCATION AWARD: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that have implemented learning initiatives to contribute to the education of POL and its benefits.
- Platinum Winner: Alpha, an EnerSys Company, with supporting member companies ITConnect, AECOM and DZS, for “APOLAN Webinar Series”
- Gold Winner: AECOM, with supporting member company Corning, for “Passive Optical LAN 102: Beyond the Basics Webinar”
APOLAN membership is comprised of heavyweight industry leaders that are shaping the future of network connectivity. If you are not an APOLAN member you can contact APOLAN to join the Association here. For more information about the Member Awards, APOLAN and POL solutions visit http://www.apolanglobal.org/.