Our hearts are with those who have been affected by the outbreak of COVID-19 around the world. Our Association shares in the concern about the safety and well-being of our families and colleagues of member companies. As many of us continue to work in different ways, APOLAN is creating additional remote learning and collaboration opportunities for our members and the community.
Additionally, we have contracted with MCI USA, a national consulting firm specializing in transforming clients from good to great, to collaborate with APOLAN to help define the association’s future. By leveraging MCI USA expertise, they will facilitate and guide a series of strategic discussions to ensure APOLAN can proactively advocate for the global adoption of passive optical networks and bring more value to our members. It is our goal to communicate the findings of this study back to member companies within the next 2-3 months. Member feedback will be helpful to make sure that the association is meeting those goals.
APOLAN continues to attract Passive Optical LAN industry leaders and pioneers to direct the Association education and advocacy. These Board Directors, Officers and Committee Chairs can be used as a resource to all member companies and are available to assist your efforts.
- Board Chairman – Matt Miller, AECOM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Board Director, and Membership Committee Chair – Alan Bertsch, Qypsys (email@example.com)
- Board Director and European Committee Vice-Chair – Rich Labonski, DZS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Board Director and Secretary – Gayla Arrindell, Corning (email@example.com)
- Board Director, Treasurer and Technology Committee Chair – Brian Hardy, ITConnect (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Board Director, and Marketing Committee Chair – John Hoover, Tellabs (email@example.com)
- Board Director – Jim Connor, Nokia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- President – Thomas C. Ruvarac, RSC Strategic Consulting (email@example.com)
- European Committee Chair – Stefan Heldens, Nokia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are pleased to announce that the Association has reinvigorated the European Committee under the leadership of Stefan Heldens of Nokia and Rich Labonski of DZS. We encourage any and all member companies interested in contributing in the European and Middle East regions to contact Stefan and Rich to gain more information about how to join this committee.
Finally, we are glad to report that the Association recently distributed a news release announcing four new member companies have joined APOLAN. Those companies include AECOM, Anixter Central America/Latin America (CALA), Belden, and R&M. These companies are poised to assist with the continued market adoption of Passive Optical LAN around the world.
Board Chairman – Matt Miller, AECOM (email@example.com)