BIoT Canada, the intelligent buildings and infrastructure magazine, published an article discussing how the smart building begins with the central nervous system, and if the passive optical network is the central nervous system, it allows for higher levels of connectivity and performance.
It expands on this topic by answering the following questions:
- What is the argument for introducing POL into a building?
- Why is fiber ideal for smart buildings?
- What’s holding back a broader adoption of POL in buildings?
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) is gaining traction, so does fiber connect with PoE devices?
- Do I take a bandwidth downgrade when I go from fiber to copper through the ONT?
- Isn’t fiber overkill for amount of data transfer needed in an building today?
- How is POL from a security perspective?
You can read the BIoT Canada article start to finish by clicking here.