APOLAN Honors Members for Innovation, Promotion and Education
The Association for Passive Optical LAN (APOLAN) announced the winners of its first annual APOLAN Awards at its annual member meeting on January 24 at the BICSI Winter Conference. These awards recognize member companies that embraced the Association’s mission to educate, advocate and promote the global adoption of passive optical LANs.
This year’s honorees are:
Education Award: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that implemented learning initiatives to contribute to the education of passive optical LAN and its benefits.
- Platinum Winner: Commscope, VT Group, Noovis and CallisonRTKL for POL two-day training course at BICSI
- Gold Winner: VT Group with supporting member company Corning for AIA PON training course and the 2nd Annual Hospitality POL Seminar: Delivering the Future Flexible Hotel Event.
Innovation Award: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that promoted innovative advancements to meet industry technical challenges.
- Platinum Winner: CAILabs with supporting member companies IBM, Nokia and Tellabs for AROONA-POL
- Platinum Winner: VT Group with supporting member company Tellabs for Delaware North Headquarters Mixed-Use Development
- Gold Winner: Qypsys with supporting member companies Corning and Zhone for POL implementation at the National Museum of African American History and Culture – Smithsonian
Promotion Award: Recognizes APOLAN member companies that implemented promotion initiatives to contribute with the awareness of passive optical LAN and its benefits.